Research Professor, Survey Research Center, Professor of Economics, College of Literature, Science, and the Arts
Dr. Brown is an empirically-oriented labor economist. His past research has focused on topics such as compensating differentials, effects of minimum wage laws and of EEO policies, the determinants of enlistment and re-enlistment in the military, the relationship between employer size and labor market outcomes, and measurement error in survey data. Current work focuses on effects of pensions and early-retirement “windows”, and labor supply of salaried workers.
- A Census-Enhanced Health and Retirement Study: A Proposal to Create and Analyze an HRS Dataset Enhanced with Characteristics of Employers
- Continuity and Change in American Economic and Social Life: The PSID 12-16 (Supplement)
- Continuity and Change in American Economic and Social Life: The PSID 2012 – 2016
- Continuity and Change in American Economic and Social Life: The PSID 2012 – 2016 (17-20 Supplement)
- Continuity and Change in American Economic and Social Life: The PSID 2012-2016 (USDA-FNS 2017 Supplement)
- Continuity and Change in American Economic and Social Life: The PSID 2012-2016 (USDA-FNS Supplement)
- Continuity and Change in American Economic and Social Life: The PSID 2017 – 2020
- Health and Retirement Study Yrs 23-28
- Health and Retirement Study: Yrs 23-28: 2016 New Cohort Revision
- Health, Wealth, and Time Use Over the Life Course and Across Generations
- HRS Yrs 29-34
- Michigan Retirement Research Center (MRRC) 2015
- NCRN-MN: Linking Surveys to the World: Administrative Data, the Web, and Beyond. Michigan Node of the NSF-Census Research Network
- Panel Study of Income Dynamics – 2015 Philanthropy Module (Wave 39)
- University of Michigan Retirement Research Center 2016
- McGonagle,Katherine A.; Brown,Charles C. and Schoeni,Robert F. (2015). The Effects of Respondentsâ€™ Consent to be Recorded on Interview Length and Data Quality in a National Panel Study. Field Methods, 27(4), 373-390.
- Moffitt,Robert; Schoeni,Robert F.; Brown,Charles C.; Chase-Lansdale,P. L.; Couper,Mick P.; Diez Roux,Ana V.; Hurst,Erik and Seltzer,Judith A. (2015). Assessing the Need for a New Nationally Representative Household Panel Survey in the United States. Journal of Economic and Social Measurement, 40(1-4), 1-26.
- Brown,Charles C. (2012). the Mouse that Roared Turns Thirty Introduction to ?the Federal Attack on Labor Market Discrimination?. 35th Anniversary Retrospective, 35, 803-805. Emerald Group Publishing Limited:Bingley, UK.