Research Investigator, SRC-Innovation, Networks & Knowledge
Dr. Fisher’s research focuses on developing and testing better network diffusion models, to understand how ideas, innovations, and information spreading through a group of people help to create and maintain a common culture over time.
- Fisher,Jacob C. (2018). Exit, Cohesion, and Consensus: Social Psychological Moderators of Consensus among Adolescent Peer Groups. Social Currents, 5(1), 49-66.
- Copeland,Molly; Fisher,Jacob C.; Moody,James and Feinberg,Mark E. (2018). Different Kinds of Lonely: Dimensions of Isolation and Substance use in Adolescence. Journal of Youth and Adolescence.
- Copeland,Molly; Bartlett,Bryce and Fisher,Jacob C. (2017). Dynamic Associations of Network Isolation and Smoking Behavior. Network Science, 5(3), 257-277.
- Verdery,Ashton M.; Fisher,Jacob C.; Siripong,Nalyn; Abdesselam,Kahina and Bauldry,Shawn (2017). New Survey Questions and Estimators for Network Clustering with Respondent-Driven Sampling Data. Sociological Methodology, 47(1), 274-306.
- Yamanis,Thespina J.; Fisher,Jacob C.; Moody,James W. and Kajula,Lusajo J. (2016). Young Men’s Social Network Characteristics and Associations with Sexual Partnership Concurrency in Tanzania. AIDS and Behavior, 20(6), 1244-1255.
- Verdery,A. M.; Merli,M. G.; Moody,J.; Smith,J. and Fisher,Jacob C. (2015). Respondent-Driven Sampling Estimators Under Real and Theoretical Recruitment Conditions of Female Sex Workers in China. Epidemiology, 26(5), 661-665.
- Fisher,Jacob C. and Merli,M. G. (2014). Stickiness of Respondent-Driven Sampling Recruitment Chains. Network Science, 2(2), 298-301.