Families today look very different from families 50 years ago. They are fluid things, constantly shifting, expanding, shrinking, and adapting. Family demography research is concerned with behavior, attitudes, and norms related marriage, cohabitation, divorce, childbearing, gender roles, intergenerational relations, and kinship interactions, both within the United States and internationally.
Family Demography Featured Projects
- Michigan Center on the Demography of Aging (MiCDA)More
- National Health and Aging Trends StudyMore
- National Survey of Family Growth (NSFG)More
- Panel Study of Income Dynamics (PSID)More
- The Transition from Childhood into Adulthood among PSID Children, 2013 and 2015More
- Wealth after the Great Recession: Who Lost and Who Recovered?More