IVEware: Imputation and Variance Estimation Software
IVEware developed by the Researchers at the Survey Methodology Program, Survey Research Center, Institute for Social Research, University of Michigan performs:
- Single or multiple imputations of missing values using the Sequential Regression Multivariate Imputation (SRMI) method described in the article “A multivariate technique for multiply imputing missing values using a sequence of regression models” by Raghunathan, Lepkowski, Van Hoewyk and Solenberger.
- A variety of descriptive and model based analyses accounting for complex design features such as clustering, stratification and weighting.
- Multiple imputation analyses for both descriptive and model-based survey statistics.
- Create partial or full synthetic data sets to protect confidentiality and limit statistical disclosure.
- Combine information from multiple sources by vertically concatenating data sets and multiply imputing the missing portions to create a larger rectangular data set.
IVEware includes six modules: IMPUTE, DESCRIBE, REGRESS, SASMOD, SYNTHESIZE and COMBINE.
- IMPUTE: Multiple imputation of item missing values in a data set.
- DESCRIBE: Estimation the population means, proportions, subgroup differences, contrasts and linear combinations of means and proportions.
- REGRESS: Analysis using linear, logistic, multinomial logit, Poisson, Tobit and proportional hazard regression models.
- SASMOD: Allows integration of several SAS procedures such as CALIS, CATMOD, GENMOD, LIFEREG, MIXED, NLIN, PHREG, and PROBIT.
- SYNTHESIZE: Create full or partial synthetic data sets to limit statistical disclosure (See Raghunathan, Reiter and Rubin (2003) , Reiter (2002) and Little,Liu and Raghunathan (2004) for more details.)
- COMBINE: Combine information from multiple sources through multiple imputation.
IVEware is available in several different versions targeting different operating systems and configurations. For more information, visit www.iveware.org.