Assistant Research Scientist, Survey Research Center, Institute for Social Research
Dr. Sonnega’s research focuses on topics in health psychology and aging as well as intergenerational transfers. She received her Ph.D. in Public Health Psychology from Johns Hopkins University.
- Leggett,Amanda; Pepin,Renee; Sonnega,Amanda J. and Assari,Shervin (2016). Predictors of New Onset Sleep Medication and Treatment Utilization among Older Adults in the United States. The Journals of Gerontology Series A: Biomedical Sciences and Medical Sciences, 71(7), 954-960.
- Fisher,Gwenith G.; Ryan,Lindsay H.; Sonnega,Amanda J. and NaudÃ©,Megan N. (2016). Job Lock, Work, and Psychological Well-being in the United States. Work, Aging and Retirement, 2(3), 345-358.
- Fisher,Gwenith G.; Chaffee,Dorey S. and Sonnega,Amanda J. (2016). Retirement Timing: A Review and Recommendations for Future Research. Work, Aging and Retirement, 2(2), 230-261.
- Assari,Shervin and Sonnega,Amanda J. (2016). Racial Differences in the Predictive Role of High Depressive Symptoms on Incident Heart Disease Over 18 Years: Results from the Health and Retirement Study. Research in Cardiovascular Medicine, Online ahead of print.
- Fisher,Gwenith G.; Ryan,Lindsay H. and Sonnega,Amanda J. (2015). Prolonged Working Years: Consequences and Directions for Interventions. Sustainable Working Lives, 269-288. In Vuori,Jukka; Blonk,Roland and Price,Richard H. (Ed.) Springer Netherlands
- Sonnega,Amanda J. and Smith,Jacqui (2015). Health and Retirement Study: A Longitudinal Data Resource for Psychologists. Encyclopedia of Geropsychology, 1-13. In Pachana,Nancy A. (Ed.) Springer Singapore
- Fisher,Gwenith G.; Sonnega,Amanda J. and Chaffee,D. (2015). . Encyclopedia of Geropsychology. In Pachana,Nancy A. (Ed.) Springer Singapore:Thailand.
- Sonnega,Amanda J.; Faul,Jessica D.; Ofstedal,Mary B.; Langa,Kenneth M.; Phillips,J. W. and Weir,David R. (2014). Cohort Profile: The Health and Retirement Study (HRS). International Journal of Epidemiology, 43(2), 576-585.
- Sonnega,Amanda J. and Weir,David R. (2014). The Health and Retirement Study: A Public Data Resource for Research on Aging. Open Health Data, 2(1), e7.
- Laitner,John P. and Sonnega,Amanda J. (2013). . 136-151. In Wang,Mo (Ed.), The Oxford Handbook of Retirement. Oxford University Press:Oxford.
- Mouch,Charles A. and Sonnega,Amanda J. (2012). Spirituality and Recovery from Cardiac Surgery: A Review. Journal of Religion and Health, 51(4), 1042-1060.
- Burkhauser,R.; Gustman,A.; Laitner,John P.; Mitchell,O. and Sonnega,Amanda J. (2009). Social Security Research at the Michigan Retirement Research Center. Social Security Bulletin, 69(4), 51-64.