Research Professor Emeritus, Survey Research Center, Institute for Social Research
Amiram D. Vinokur is a Research Professor at the Survey Research Center of the Institute for Social Research and is an Associate Director of the Michigan Prevention Research Center. He received his Ph.D. in social psychology from the University of Michigan in 1970. His research focuses on determinants and consequences of stress in the areas of health, work, and unemployment, and on the roles of social support and social undermining in coping processes. His work also includes the design and implementation of preventive interventions for unemployed persons and their evaluation using randomized field experiments, follow-up surveys, and benefit-cost analyses. In recent years he has been teaching courses and publishing papers that focus on analyses using structural equation modeling methods.
- Elizur,Yoel; Somech,Lior Y. and Vinokur,Amiram D. (2017). Effects of Parent Training on Callous-Unemotional Traits, Effortful Control, and Conduct Problems: Mediation by Parenting. Journal of Abnormal Child Psychology, 45(1), 15-26.
- Vinokur,Amiram D. and Price,Richard H. (2015). Promoting Reemployment and Mental Health among the Unemployed. 171-186. In Vuori,Jukka; Blonk,Rol and Price,Richard H. (Ed.), Sustainable Working Lives: Managing Work Transitions and Health Throughout the Life Course. Springer Netherlands:Dordrecht.
- Nahum-Shani,Inbal; Henderson,Melanie M.; Lim,Sandy and Vinokur,Amiram D. (2014). Supervisor Support: Does Supervisor Support Buffer Or Exacerbate the Adverse Effects of Supervisor Undermining?. Journal of Applied Psychology, 99(3), 484-503.
- Armon,Galit; Melamed,Samuel and Vinokur,Amiram D. (2014). The Reciprocal Relationship between Vigor and Insomnia: A Three-Wave Prospective Study of Employed Adults. Journal of Behavioral Medicine, 37(4), 664-674.
- Price,Richard H. and Vinokur,Amiram D. (2014). The JOBS ProgramImpact on Job Seeker Motivation, Reemployment, and Mental Health. In Klehe,Ute-Christine and van Hooft,Edwin A. J. (Ed.), The Oxford Handbook of Job Loss and Job Search. Oxford University Press:U.K..
- Hobfoll,Stevan E.; Vinokur,Amiram D.; Pierce,Penny F. and Lewandowski-Romps,Lisa (2012). The Combined Stress of Family Life, Work, and War in Air Force Men and Women: A Test of Conservation of Resources Theory.. International Journal of Stress Management, 19(3), 217-237.
- Shaikh,A. R.; Vinokur,Amiram D.; Yaroch,A. L.; Williams,G. C. and Resnicow,K. (2011). Direct and Mediated Effects of Two Theoretically Based Interventions to Increase Consumption of Fruits and Vegetables in the Healthy Body Healthy Spirit Trial. Health Education & Behavior, 38(5), 492-501.
- Vinokur,Amiram D.; Pierce,P. F.; Lewandowski-Romps,Lisa; Hobfoll,S. E. and Galea,S. (2011). Effects of War Exposure on Air Force Personnel’s Mental Health, Job Burnout and Other Organizational Related Outcomes. Journal of Occupational Health Psychology, 16(1), 3-17.
- Jo,B.; Stuart,E. A.; Mackinnon,D. P. and Vinokur,Amiram D. (2011). The use of Propensity Scores in Mediation Analysis. Multivariate Behavioral Research, 46(3), 425-452.
- Jo,B. and Vinokur,Amiram D. (2011). Sensitivity Analysis and Bounding of Causal Effects with Alternative Identifying Assumptions. Journal of Educational and Behavioral Statistics, 36(4), 415-440.
- Koivisto,P.; Vinokur,Amiram D. and Vuori,J. (2011). Effects of Career Choice Intervention on Components of Career Preparation. Career Development Quarterly, 59(4), 345-366.
- Koivisto,P.; Vuori,J. and Vinokur,Amiram D. (2010). Transition to Work: Effects of Preparedness and Goal Construction on Employment and Depressive Symptoms. Journal of Research on Adolescence, 20(4), 869-892.
- Shirom,A.; Nirel,N. and Vinokur,Amiram D. (2010). Work Hours and Caseload as Predictors of Physician Burnout: The Mediating Effects by Perceived Workload and by Autonomy. Applied Psychology, 59(4), 539-565.
- Vinokur,Amiram D.; Pierce,P. and Lewandowski-Romps,Lisa (2009). Disentangling the Relationships between Job Burnout and Perceived Health in a Military Sample. Stress and Health, 25(4), 355-363.
- Kowalski,C.; Pennell,Steve and Vinokur,Amiram D. (2008). Felicitometry: Measuring the ‘Quality’ in Quality of Life. Bioethics, 22(6), 307-313.
- Shirom,Arie; Vinokur,Amiram D. and Price,Richard H. (2008). Self-Efficacy as a Moderator of the Effects of Job-Search Workshops on Re-Employment: A Field Experiment. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 38(7), 1778-1804.
- Swartz,R.; Perry,E.; Brown,S.; Swartz,J. and Vinokur,Amiram D. (2008). Patient-Staff Interactions and Mental Health in Chronic Dialysis Patients. Health & Social Work, 33(2), 87-92.
- Shirom,Arie; Nirel,Nurit and Vinokur,Amiram D. (2008). . 141. In Halbesleben,Jonathon R. B. (Ed.), Handbook of Stress and Burnout in Health Care. Nova Science Publishers:New York.