Research Investigator, Survey Research Center, Institute for Social Research
Brooke Arterberry joined Youth and Social Issues as a Research Investigator. She has a PhD in Counseling Psychology. Her research focuses on understanding the developmental risks associated with substance use (e.g., alcohol and cannabis use/co-use, polysubstance use) and substance use disorders as well as the development of efficacious intervention/prevention programs aimed at reducing young adult substance use behaviors that result in negative consequences.
- Megan E Patrick, Yuk Pang, Bohyun Joy Jang, Brooke Arterberry, Yvonne M Terry-McElrath. 2023. Alcohol Use Disorder Symptoms Reported during Midlife: Results from the Monitoring the Future Study among US Adults at Modal Ages 50, 55, and 60. Substance Use & Misuse
- Davis, Alan K., Brooke Arterberry, Xin, Yitong, Agin-Liebes, Gabrielle, Schwarting, Corrine, Williams, Monnica T.. 2022. Race, Ethnic, and Sex Differences in Prevalence of and Trends in Hallucinogen Consumption Among Lifetime Users in the United States Between 2015 and 2019. Frontiers in Epidemiology
- Yitong Xin, Corrine Schwarting, Stacey B. Armstrong, Paul Nagib, Erin E. Bonar, Brooke Arterberry, Alan K. Davis. 2022. Increases in cannabis use and negative emotions during COVID-19 pandemic among college students with cannabis use disorder. Journal of Social Work Practice in the Addictions
- Brooke Arterberry, Brian H. Calhoun, Christine M. Lee, Megan E Patrick. 2022. Young adult physical, social, and temporal contexts of simultaneous alcohol and marijuana use. Journal of Studies on Alcohol and Drugs
- Katherine T. Foster, Brooke Arterberry, Robert A. Zucker, Brian M. Hicks. 2021. Differences in child and adult biopsychosocial characteristics associated with regular cannabis use in individuals with and without cannabis use disorder. Drug and Alcohol Dependence 226:108887.
- D. Angus Clark, Brooke Arterberry, Maureen A. Walton, Rebecca M. Cunningham, Jason E. Goldstick, Marc A. Zimmerman, Alan K. Davis, Erin E. Bonar. 2021. Examining Same-Day Associations Between Cannabis Use Motives and Condom Use in Urban Emerging Adults: A Brief Report. Journal of Studies on Alcohol and Drugs 82(4):516-521.
- Meifen Wei, Brent Mallinckrodt, Brooke Arterberry, Shuyi Liu, Kenneth T. Wang. 2021. Latent profile analysis of interpersonal problems: Attachment, basic psychological need frustration, and psychological outcomes. Journal of Counseling Psychology 68(4):467-488.
- Sean Esteban McCabe, Brooke Arterberry, Kara Dickinson, Rebecca J. Evans-Polce, Jason A. Ford, Jennie E. Ryan, Ty S. Schepis. 2021. Assessment of Changes in Alcohol and Marijuana Abstinence, Co-Use, and Use Disorders Among US Young Adults From 2002 to 2018. JAMA Pediatrics 175(1):64-72.
- Sean Dolan, Brooke Arterberry, Alan Davis. 2021. A quadripartite model of passion for marijuana use: associations with consumption, consequences, craving, and satisfaction with life. Addiction Research & Theory 29(1):30-35.
- Brooke Arterberry, Jason E. Goldstick, Maureen A. Walton, Rebecca M. Cunningham, Frederic C. Blow, Erin E. Bonar. 2021. Alcohol and cannabis motives: differences in daily motive endorsement on alcohol, cannabis, and alcohol/cannabis co-use days in a cannabis-using sample. Addiction Research & Theory 29(2):111-116.