Research Investigator, Survey Research Center, Institute for Social Research
Dr. Huntley’s clinical work has focused primarily on evidence based interventions for insomnia, circadian rhythm disorders, and other sleep disorders across the developmental spectrum and well as the treatment of anxiety and depression in youth and adults. His research has focused on neurocognitive sequelae of disrupted sleep in youth with chronic medical illness (e.g., obstructive sleep apnea, HIV and functional abdominal pain) and circadian and sleep mechanisms associated with the etiology and treatment depression and PTSD in young adults. His current interest include adolescent health, health risk behaviors, circadian and sleep mechanisms associated with the etiology psychopathology and evidence based interventions for health promotion. Dr. Huntley earned his Ph.D. in clinical psychology at American University in 2012 and completed a post-doctoral fellowship in clinical psychology and behavioral sleep medicine in the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Michigan in 2014.
- Maslowsky, Julie; Owotomo, Olusegun; Huntley, Edward D.; Keating, Daniel P. (2019). Adolescent Risk Behavior: Differentiating Reasoned And Reactive Risk-taking. Journal of Youth and Adolescence.
- Swanson, Leslie M.; Huntley, Edward D.; Bertram, Holli; Mooney, Ann; Dopp, Richard; Hoffmann, Robert; Armitage, Roseanne; Arnedt, J. T. (2018). Insomnia as a Moderator of Response to Time in Bed Restriction for Augmenting Antidepressant Treatment: A Preliminary Investigation. Behavioral Sleep Medicine, 16(4), 315-324.
- Patrick, Megan E.; Griffin, Jamie L.; Huntley, Edward D.; Maggs, Jennifer L. (2018). Energy Drinks and Binge Drinking Predict College Students’ Sleep Quantity, Quality, and Tiredness. Behavioral Sleep Medicine, 16(1), 92-105.
- Swanson, Leslie M.; Burgess, Helen J.; Huntley, Edward D.; Bertram, Holli; Mooney, Ann; Zollars, Jennifer; Dopp, Richard; Hoffmann, Robert; Armitage, Roseanne; Arnedt, J. Todd (2017). Relationships between circadian measures, depression, and response to antidepressant treatment: A preliminary investigation. Psychiatry research, 252, 262-269.
- Lewin, Daniel S.; Huntley, Edward D. (2017). Insomnias of Childhood: Assessment and Treatment. 135-158. In Attarian, Hrayr P. (Ed.), Clinical Handbook of Insomnia. Springer International Publishing:Cham.
- Arnedt, J. T.; Swanson, L. M.; Dopp, R. R.; Bertram, H. S.; Mooney, A. J.; Huntley, Edward D.; Hoffmann, R. F.; Armitage, R. (2016). Effects of Restricted Time in Bed on Antidepressant Treatment Response: A Randomized Controlled Trial. The Journal of clinical psychiatry, 10, e1218-e1225.
- Huntley, Edward D. and Arnedt, J. T. (2014). . In Chervin,Ronald D. (Ed.), Common Pitfalls in Sleep Medicine: Case-Based Learning. Cambridge University Press:New York, NY.
- Huntley, Edward D.; Hall Brown, Tyish S.; Kobayashi, Ihori and Mellman, Thomas A. (2014). Validation of the Fear of Sleep Inventory (FOSI) in an Urban Young Adult African American Sample. Journal of Traumatic Stress, 27(1), 103-107.
- Ronzio, Cynthia R.; Huntley, Edward D. and Monaghan, Maureen (2013). Postpartum Mothers’ Napping and Improved Cognitive Growth Fostering of Infants: Results from a Pilot Study. Behavioral Sleep Medicine, 11(2), 120-132.
- Taylor, Teletia R.; Huntley, Edward D.; Makambi, Kepher; Sween, Jennifer; Adams-Campbell, Lucile L.; Frederick, Wayne and Mellman, Thomas A. (2012). Understanding Sleep Disturbances in African-American Breast Cancer Survivors: A Pilot Study. Psycho-Oncology, 21(8), 896-902.
- Kobayashi, Ihori; Huntley, Edward D.; Lavela, Joseph and Mellman, Thomas A. (2012). Subjectively and Objectively Measured Sleep with and without Posttraumatic Stress Disorder and Trauma Exposure. Sleep, 35(7), 957-965.
- Taylor, Teletia R.; Huntley, Edward D.; Sween, Jennifer; Makambi, Kepher; Mellman, Thomas A.; Williams, Carla D.; Carter-Nolan, Pamela and Frederick, Wayne (2012). An Exploratory Analysis of Fear of Recurrence among African-American Breast Cancer Survivors. International Journal of Behavioral Medicine, 19(3), 280-287.
- Juliano, Laura M.; Huntley, Edward D.; Harrell, Paul T. and Westerman, Ashley T. (2012). Development of the Caffeine Withdrawal Symptom Questionnaire: Caffeine Withdrawal Symptoms Cluster into 7 Factors. Drug and Alcohol Dependence, 124(3), 229-234.
- Huntley, Edward D. and Juliano, Laura M. (2012). Caffeine Expectancy Questionnaire (CaffEQ): Construction, Psychometric Properties, and Associations with Caffeine use, Caffeine Dependence, and Other Related Variables. Psychological Assessment, 24(3), 592-607.
- Lewin, Daniel S. and Huntley, Edward D. (2010). Behavioral Insomnias of Childhood: Assessment and Treatment. 73-91. In Attarian,P. H. and Schuman,Catherine (Ed.), Clinical Handbook of Insomnia. Humana Press:Totowa, NJ.
- Subramaniam, Geetha; Harrell, Paul; Huntley, Edward D. and Tracy, Melinda (2009). Beck Depression Inventory for Depression Screening in Substance-Abusing Adolescents. Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment, 37(1), 25-31.
- Reid, G. J.; Huntley, Edward D. and Lewin, D. S. (2009). Insomnias of Childhood and Adolescence. Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Clinics of North America, 18(4), 979-1000.