Research Area Specialist Sr
Dr. Huntley’s clinical work has focused primarily on evidence based interventions for insomnia, circadian rhythm disorders, and other sleep disorders across the developmental spectrum and well as the treatment of anxiety and depression in youth and adults. His research has focused on neurocognitive sequelae of disrupted sleep in youth with chronic medical illness (e.g., obstructive sleep apnea, HIV and functional abdominal pain) and circadian and sleep mechanisms associated with the etiology and treatment depression and PTSD in young adults. His current interest include adolescent health, health risk behaviors, circadian and sleep mechanisms associated with the etiology psychopathology and evidence based interventions for health promotion. Dr. Huntley earned his Ph.D. in clinical psychology at American University in 2012 and completed a post-doctoral fellowship in clinical psychology and behavioral sleep medicine in the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Michigan in 2014.
- Huntley, Edward, Keating, Daniel P, Maslowsky, Julie , Owotomo, Olusegun . 2019. Adolescent Risk Behavior: Differentiating Reasoned And Reactive Risk-taking. Journal of Youth and Adolescence
- Huntley, Edward, Hehr, Aneesh , Marusak, Hilary A, Rabinak, Christine A. 2019. Effects of Duration and Midpoint of Sleep on Corticolimbic Circuitry in Youth. Chronic Stress 3
- Huntley, Edward, Keating, Daniel P, Demidenko, Michael I, Martz, Meghan E. 2019. Adolescent Health Risk Behaviors: Convergent, Discriminant and Predictive Validity of Self-Report and Cognitive Measures. Journal of Youth and Adolescence 48(9):1765-1783.
- Patrick, Megan E, Huntley, Edward, Maggs, Jennifer L, Griffin, Jamie. 2018. Energy Drinks and Binge Drinking Predict College Students' Sleep Quantity, Quality, and Tiredness. Behavioral Sleep Medicine 16(1):92-105.
- Huntley, Edward, Swanson, Leslie M, Bertram, Holli , Mooney, Ann , Dopp, Richard , Hoffmann, Robert , Armitage, Roseanne , Arnedt, J T. 2018. Insomnia as a Moderator of Response to Time in Bed Restriction for Augmenting Antidepressant Treatment: A Preliminary Investigation. Behavioral Sleep Medicine 16(4):315-324.
- Patrick, Megan E, Griffin,Jamie, Huntley, Edward, Maggs, Jennifer L. 2018. Energy Drinks and Binge Drinking Predict College Students’ Sleep Quantity, Quality, and Tiredness. Behavioral Sleep Medicine 16(1):92-105.
- Huntley, Edward, Lewin, Daniel S. 2017. Insomnias of Childhood: Assessment and Treatment. Clinical Handbook of Insomnia :135-158.
- Huntley, Edward, Swanson, Leslie M, Burgess, Helen J, Bertram, Holli , Mooney, Ann , Zollars, Jennifer , Dopp, Richard , Hoffmann, Robert , Armitage, Roseanne , Todd Arnedt, J . 2017. Relationships between circadian measures, depression, and response to antidepressant treatment: A preliminary investigation. Psychiatry research 252:262-269.
- Huntley, Edward, Arnedt, J T, Swanson, L M, Dopp, R R, Bertram, H S, Mooney, A J, Hoffmann, R F, Armitage, R . 2016. Effects of Restricted Time in Bed on Antidepressant Treatment Response: A Randomized Controlled Trial. The Journal of clinical psychiatry 77(10)
- Huntley, Edward, Arnedt, J Todd. 2014. Overlooking insomnia in a depressed patient can interfere with effective treatment for the mood disorder. Common pitfalls in sleep medicine: Case-based learning
- Huntley, Edward, Hall Brown, Tyish S, Kobayashi, Ihori , Mellman, Thomas A. 2014. Validation of the Fear of Sleep Inventory (FOSI) in an Urban Young Adult African American Sample. Journal of traumatic stress 27(1):103-107.
- Huntley, Edward, Ronzio, Cynthia R, Monaghan, Maureen . 2013. Postpartum Mothers' Napping and Improved Cognitive Growth Fostering of Infants: Results From a Pilot Study. Behavioral Sleep Medicine 11(2):120-132.
- Huntley, Edward, Juliano, Laura M. 2012. Caffeine Expectancy Questionnaire (CaffEQ): Construction, Psychometric Properties, and Associations With Caffeine Use, Caffeine Dependence, and Other Related Variables. Psychological assessment 24(3):592-607.
- Huntley, Edward, Juliano, Laura M, Harrell, Paul T, Westerman, Ashley T. 2012. Development of the Caffeine Withdrawal Symptom Questionnaire: Caffeine withdrawal symptoms cluster into 7 factors. Drug and alcohol dependence 124(3):229-234.
- Huntley, Edward, Kobayashi, Ihori , Lavela, Joseph , Mellman, Thomas A. 2012. Subjectively and Objectively Measured Sleep With and Without Posttraumatic Stress Disorder and Trauma Exposure. Sleep 35(7):957-965.
- Huntley, Edward, Taylor, Teletia R, Makambi, Kepher , Sween, Jennifer , Adams-Campbell, Lucile L, Frederick, Wayne , Mellman, Thomas A. 2012. Understanding sleep disturbances in African-American breast cancer survivors: a pilot study. Psycho-oncology 21(8):896-902.
- Huntley, Edward, Taylor, Teletia R, Sween, Jennifer , Makambi, Kepher , Mellman, Thomas A, Williams, Carla D, Carter-Nolan, Pamela , Frederick, Wayne . 2012. An Exploratory Analysis of Fear of Recurrence among African-American Breast Cancer Survivors. International Journal of Behavioral Medicine 19(3):280-287.
- Huntley, Edward, Lewin, Daniel S. 2010. Behavioral Insomnias of Childhood: Assessment and Treatment. Clinical Handbook of Insomnia :73-91.
- Huntley, Edward, Reid, G J, Lewin, D S. 2009. Insomnias of Childhood and Adolescence. Child and adolescent psychiatric clinics of North America 18(4):979-1000.
- Huntley, Edward, Subramaniam, Geetha , Harrell, Paul , Tracy, Melinda . 2009. Beck Depression Inventory for depression screening in substance-abusing adolescents. Journal of substance abuse treatment 37(1):25-31.
- Huntley, Edward, Campo, John V, Dahl, Ronald E, Lewin, Daniel S. 2007. Sleep characteristics of youth with functional abdominal pain and a healthy comparison group. Journal of pediatric psychology 32(8):938-949.
- Huntley, Edward, Kokenyesi, Robert , Murray, Karuna P, Benshushan, Abraham , Kao, Ming-Shian . 2003. Invasion of interstitial matrix by a novel cell line from primary peritoneal carcinosarcoma, and by established ovarian carcinoma cell lines: role of cell-matrix adhesion molecules, proteinases, and E-cadherin expression. Gynecologic oncology 89(1):60-72.
- Huntley, Edward, Grebenok, R J, Ohnmeiss, T E, Yamamoto, A , Galbraith, D W, Della Penna, D . 1998. Isolation and characterization of an Arabidopsis thaliana C-8,7 sterol isomerase: functional and structural similarities to mammalian C-8,7 sterol isomerase emopamil-binding protein. Plant Molecular Biology 38(5):807-815.