Research Assistant Professor, Survey Research Center, Institute for Social Research
Dr. Emily Treleaven is a research investigator in the Society, Population, and Environment Program. She has a PhD in social and behavioral sciences from the University of California at San Francisco and an MPH from the University of North Carolina. Her research interests include population dynamics and social determinants of child health, social epidemiology, and measurement of health and mortality in early childhood.
- Treleaven, Emily Elizabeth, Caroline Whidden, Faith Cole, Kassoum Kayentao, Mohamed Bana Traoré, Djoumé Diakité, Seydou Sidibé, Tracy Kuo Lin, David Boettiger, Souleymane Cissouma, Vincent Sanogo, Nancy Padian, Ari Johnson, Jenny Liu. 2021. Relationship between symptoms, barriers to care and healthcare utilisation among children under five in rural Mali. Tropical Medicine & International Health 26(8):943-952.
- Treleaven, Emily Elizabeth, Toan Ngoc Pham, Anh Duy Nguyen, Nadia Diamond-Smith. 2021. The list experiment: An approach to measuring stigmatized behaviours related to sex-selective abortion. Population Studies
- Elizabeth Spiegel, Kathryn C. Nesbit, Ketly Altenor, Hoa Thi Nguyen, Ly Tran, Angela Quiñonez Hermosa, Holly Martin, Julia von Oettingen, Treleaven, Emily Elizabeth, John Colin Partridge. 2021. Valuation of Life With Disability: An International Comparison Study in Vietnam, Peru, and Haiti. Journal of Child Neurology
- Treleaven, Emily Elizabeth, Chanrith Ngin. 2021. When parents are not present: Decision-making dynamics for young children’s health and illness in migrant-sending households in rural Cambodia. Social Science & Medicine
- Treleaven, Emily Elizabeth, Whidden, Caroline , Liu, Jenny , Padian, Nancy , Poudiougou, Belco , Bautista-Arredondo, Sergio , Fay, Michael P, Samaké, Salif , Cissé, Amadou B, Diakité, Djoumé , Keita, Youssouf , Johnson, Ari D, Kayentao, Kassoum . 2019. Proactive community case management and child survival: protocol for a cluster randomised controlled trial. BMJ Open 9(8):e027487.
- Treleaven, Emily Elizabeth. 2019. Migration and investments in the health of children left behind: the role of remittances in children's healthcare utilization in Cambodia. Health Policy and Planning 34(9):684-693.
- Treleaven, Emily Elizabeth, Pham, Toan Ngoc, Le, Duy Ngoc, Brooks, Trevor N, Le, Hai Thanh, Partridge, J Colin. 2017. Referral patterns, delays, and equity in access to advanced paediatric emergency care in Vietnam. International Journal for Equity in Health 16(1):215.
- Treleaven, Emily Elizabeth, Moseson, Heidi , Gerdts, Caitlin , Diamond-Smith, Nadia . 2017. The List Experiment for Measuring Abortion: What We Know and What We Need. Studies in Family Planning 48(4):397-405.
- Treleaven, Emily Elizabeth, Diamond-Smith, Nadia , Murthy, Nirmala , Sudhinaraset, May . 2017. Women's empowerment and experiences of mistreatment during childbirth in facilities in Lucknow, India: results from a cross-sectional study. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth 17(2):335.
- Treleaven, Emily Elizabeth, Sudhinaraset, May , Melo, Jason , Singh, Kanksha , Diamond-Smith, Nadia . 2016. Women's status and experiences of mistreatment during childbirth in Uttar Pradesh: a mixed methods study using cultural health capital theory. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth 16(1):332.
- Treleaven, Emily Elizabeth, Liu, Jenny , Prach, Lisa M, Hansen, Mara , Anyanti, Jennifer , Jagha, Temple , Seaman, Vince , Ajumobi, Olufemi , Isiguzo, Chinwoke . 2016. The role of drug vendors in improving basic health-care services in Nigeria. Bulletin of the World Health Organization 94(4):267-275.
- Treleaven, Emily Elizabeth, Toan, Pham Ngoc, Le, Duy Ngoc, Diamond-Smith, Nadia , Partridge, J Colin, Le, Hai Thanh. 2016. Gender disparities in child health care seeking in northern Vietnam. Asian Population Studies 12(3):312-330.
- Treleaven, Emily Elizabeth, Liu, Jenny , Prach, Lisa M, Isiguzo, Chinwoke . 2015. Management of paediatric illnesses by patent and proprietary medicine vendors in Nigeria. Malaria Journal 14(1):232.
- Treleaven, Emily Elizabeth, Prach, Lisa M, Isiguzo, Chinwoke , Liu, Jenny . 2015. Care-seeking at patent and proprietary medicine vendors in Nigeria. BMC Health Services Research 15(1):231.