Assistant Research Scientist, Survey Research Center, Institute for Social Research
Felix Kabo obtained his professional architecture degree and Ph.D. from the University of Michigan. His primary research interest is how physical and social contexts shape outcomes related to: collaboration and innovation; and aging, dementia, and health disparities. Addressing these issues entails applying advanced social science analytical approaches including sociospatial network science. It also calls for synthesizing and analyzing complex datasets covering individual- (e.g. race, gender, cognitive functioning, etc.) and contextual-level factors (e.g. social networks, amenities, services, etc.).
- Kabo, Felichism W, Stucky, L T. C. Christopher H., De Jong, Col Marla J.. 2020. Military Surgical Team Communication: Implications for Safety. Military Medicine 185(3-4):e448-e456.
- Kabo, Felichism W, Antonucci, Toni C, Jackson, James Sidney. 2019. A Social Relations and Networks Perspective of Depressive Symptoms in Older African Americans Relative to Two Other Ethno-racial Groups. Innovation in Aging 3(1)
- Kabo, Felichism W. 2018. The architecture of network collective intelligence: correlations between social network structure, spatial layout and prestige outcomes in an office. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B: Biological Sciences 373(1753)
- Kabo, Felichism W, Mashour, George A. 2017. Effect of a Clinical and Translational Science Award institute on grant funding in a major research university. Journal of Clinical and Translational Science 1(2):88-93.
- Kabo, Felichism W. 2016. A Model of Potential Encounters in the Workplace: The Relationships of Homophily, Spatial Distance, Organizational Structure, and Perceived Networks. Environment and Behavior
- Kabo, Felichism W, Levenstein, Margaret C, Owen-Smith, Jason D, Hwang, Yongha . 2015. Shared Paths to the Lab: A Sociospatial Network Analysis of Collaboration. Environment and Behavior 47(1):57-84.
- Kabo, Felichism W, Levenstein, Margaret C, Owen-Smith, Jason D, Cotton-Nessler, Natalie , Hwang, Yongha . 2014. Proximity effects on the dynamics and outcomes of scientific collaborations. Research Policy 43(9):1469-1485.
- Kabo, Felichism W, Owen-Smith, Jason D, Davis, Gerald F., Hwang, Yongha . 2014. Spatial Layout, Social Structure, and Innovation in Organizations. Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design 41(6):1100-1112.
- Kabo, Felichism W, Davis, Gerald F., Wineman, Jean D. 2009. Spatial and Social Networks in Organizational Innovation. Environment and Behavior 41(3):427-442.
- Kabo, Felichism W. 2006. The US non-wood, non-metal primary building materials sector in flux: A sectoral analysis and a proposed materials development and innovation framework. Automation in Construction 15(4):383-397.