Assistant Research Scientist, Survey Research Center, Institute for Social Research
Felix Kabo obtained his professional architecture degree and Ph.D. from the University of Michigan. His primary research interest is how physical and social contexts shape outcomes related to: collaboration and innovation; and aging, dementia, and health disparities. Addressing these issues entails applying advanced social science analytical approaches including sociospatial network science. It also calls for synthesizing and analyzing complex datasets covering individual- (e.g. race, gender, cognitive functioning, etc.) and contextual-level factors (e.g. social networks, amenities, services, etc.).
- Kabo, Felichism W. (2018). The Architecture of Network Collective Intelligence: Correlations between Social Network Structure, Spatial Layout and Prestige Outcomes in an Office. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B: Biological Sciences, 373(1753).
- Kabo, Felichism W. (2017). A Model of Potential Encounters in the Workplace: The Relationships of Homophily, Spatial Distance, Organizational Structure, and Perceived Networks. Environment and Behavior, 49(6), 638-662.
- Kabo, Felichism W. and Mashour, George A. (2017). Effect of a Clinical and Translational Science Award Institute on Grant Funding in a Major Research University. Journal of Clinical and Translational Science, 1(2), 88-93.
- Kabo, Felichism W.; Hwang, Yongha; Levenstein, Margaret C. and Owen-Smith, Jason (2015). Shared Paths to the Lab: A Sociospatial Network Analysis of Collaboration. Environment and Behavior, 47(1), 57-84.
- Kabo, Felichism W.; Cotton-Nessler, Natalie; Hwang, Yongha; Levenstein, Margaret C. and Owen-Smith, Jason (2014). Proximity Effects on the Dynamics and Outcomes of Scientific Collaborations. Research Policy, 43(9), 1469-1485.
- Wineman, Jean; Hwang, Yongha; Kabo, Felichism W.; Owen-Smith, Jason and Davis, Gerald F. (2014). Spatial Layout, Social Structure, and Innovation in Organizations. Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design, 41(6), 1100-1112.
- Wineman, Jean D.; Kabo, Felichism W. and Davis, Gerald F. (2009). Spatial and Social Networks in Organizational Innovation. Environment and Behavior, 41(3), 427-442.