Research Investigator, SRC-Innovation, Networks & Knowledge
Dr. Fisher’s research focuses on developing and testing better network diffusion models, to understand how ideas, innovations, and information spreading through a group of people help to create and maintain a common culture over time.
- Fisher, Jacob C. (2018). Exit, Cohesion, and Consensus: Social Psychological Moderators of Consensus among Adolescent Peer Groups. Social Currents, 5(1), 49-66.
- Copeland, Molly; Fisher, Jacob C.; Moody, James and Feinberg, Mark E. (2018). Different Kinds of Lonely: Dimensions of Isolation and Substance use in Adolescence. Journal of Youth and Adolescence.
- Copeland, Molly; Bartlett, Bryce and Fisher, Jacob C. (2017). Dynamic Associations of Network Isolation and Smoking Behavior. Network Science, 5(3), 257-277.
- Verdery, Ashton M.; Fisher, Jacob C.; Siripong, Nalyn; Abdesselam, Kahina and Bauldry, Shawn (2017). New Survey Questions and Estimators for Network Clustering with Respondent-Driven Sampling Data. Sociological Methodology, 47(1), 274-306.
- Yamanis, Thespina J.; Fisher, Jacob C.; Moody, James W. and Kajula, Lusajo J. (2016). Young Men’s Social Network Characteristics and Associations with Sexual Partnership Concurrency in Tanzania. AIDS and Behavior, 20(6), 1244-1255.
- Verdery, A. M.; Merli, M. G.; Moody, J.; Smith, J. and Fisher, Jacob C. (2015). Respondent-Driven Sampling Estimators Under Real and Theoretical Recruitment Conditions of Female Sex Workers in China. Epidemiology, 26(5), 661-665.
- Fisher, Jacob C. and Merli, M. G. (2014). Stickiness of Respondent-Driven Sampling Recruitment Chains. Network Science, 2(2), 298-301.