Research Assistant Professor, Survey Research Center, Institute for Social Research and Research Assistant Professor, School of Information
Jinseok Kim received his doctorate degree in Library and Information Science from the School of Information Sciences at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign in 2017. His work focuses on how data quality control can affect knowledge discovery from big data. Recently, Jinseok is working on the automation of supervised author name disambiguation in digital libraries using automatically labeled data and record linkage, to be used to gain insights about international science and engineering research trends. He obtained his M.A. in Communication from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in 2012, and his B.A. in English Literature from Yonsei University (South Korea) in 2001.
- Kim, Jinseok, Jenna Kim, Jinmo Kim. 2021. Effect of Chinese characters on machine learning for Chinese author name disambiguation: A counterfactual evaluation. Journal of Information Science
- Kim, Jinseok. 2019. Author-Based Analysis of Conference versus Journal Publication in Computer Science. Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology 70(1):71-82.
- Kim, Jinseok, Owen-Smith, Jason D, Kim, Jinmo . 2019. Generating automatically labeled data for author name disambiguation: an iterative clustering method. Scientometrics
- Kim, Jinseok, Diesner, Jana . 2019. Formational bounds of link prediction in collaboration networks. Scientometrics 119(2):687-706.
- Kim, Jinseok. 2019. A fast and integrative algorithm for clustering performance evaluation in author name disambiguation. Scientometrics 120(2):661-681.
- Kim, Jinseok. 2019. Scale-free collaboration networks: An author name disambiguation perspective. Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology 70(7):685-700.
- Kim, Jinseok. 2018. Evaluating author name disambiguation for digital libraries: a case of DBLP. Scientometrics 116(3):1867-1886.
- Kim, Jinseok, Kim, Jenna . 2018. The impact of imbalanced training data on machine learning for author name disambiguation. Scientometrics 117(1):511-526.
- Kim, Jinseok, Diesner, Jana . 2017. Over-time measurement of triadic closure in coauthorship networks. Social Network Analysis and Mining 7(1):9.
- Kim, Jinseok, Giordani, Bruno J., Thomas, Nina Hattiangadi, Xanthopoulos, Melissa S, Shults, Justine , Escobar, Emma , Hodges, Elise , Chervin, Ronald D, Paruthi, Shalini , Rosen, Carol L, Taylor, Gerry H, Arens, Raanan , Katz, Eliot S, Beebe, Dean W, Redline, Susan , Radcliffe, Jerilynn , Marcus, Carole L. 2017. Effects of Adenotonsillectomy on Parent-Reported Behavior in Children With Obstructive Sleep Apnea. Sleep 40(4)
- Kim, Jinseok, Diesner, Jana . 2016. Distortive effects of initial-based name disambiguation on measurements of large-scale coauthorship networks. Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology 67(6):1446-1461.
- Kim, Jinseok, Tao, Liang , Lee, Seok-Hyoung , Diesner, Jana . 2016. Evolution and structure of scientific co-publishing network in Korea between 1948-2011. Scientometrics 107(1):27-41.
- Kim, Jinseok, Kim, Jinmo . 2015. Rethinking the comparison of coauthorship credit allocation schemes. Journal of Informetrics 9(3):667-673-673.
- Kim, Jinseok, Diesner, Jana . 2015. Coauthorship networks: A directed network approach considering the order and number of coauthors. Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology 66(12):2685-2696.
- Kim, Jinseok, Diesner, Jana , Pak, Susie . 2014. Computational Impact Assessment of Social Justice Documentaries. Metrics for Measuring Publishing Value:Alternative and Otherwise 17(3)
- Kim, Jinseok, Diesner, Jana . 2014. A network-based approach to coauthorship credit allocation. Scientometrics 101(1):587-602.
- Kim, Jinseok, Kim, Heejun , Diesner, Jana . 2014. The Impact of Name Ambiguity on Properties of Coauthorship Networks. Journal of Information Science Theory and Practice 2(2):6-15.
- Kim, Jinseok, Lee, Shawna Jo, Taylor, Catherine A, Guterman, Neil . 2014. Dyadic Profiles of Parental Disciplinary Behavior and Links With Parenting Context. Child Maltreatment 19(2):79-91.
- Kim, Jinseok, Shumate, Michelle , Pilny, Andrew , Catouba, Yannick , Pena-y-Lillo, Macarena , Rcooper, Katherine , Sahagun, Ariann , Yang, Sijia . 2013. A Taxonomy of Communication Networks. Annals of the International Communication Association 37(1):95-123.
- Lee, Shawna Jo, Kim, Jinseok, Perron, Brian E, Taylor, Catherine A. 2011. Profiles of Disciplinary Behaviors Among Biological Fathers. Child Maltreatment 16(1):51-62.
- Kim, Jinseok, Norton, Edward, Stearns, S C. 2009. Transportation Brokerage Services and Medicaid Beneficiaries' Access to Care. Health Services Research 44(1):145-161.