Research Assistant Professor, SRC-Innovation, Networks & Knowledge
Jinseok Kim received his doctorate degree in Library and Information Science from the School of Information Sciences at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. His work focuses on understanding the human interaction patterns extracted from large-scale, semi-structured and unstructured data generated from diverse information and communication technologies. In his research, he first controls data quality algorithmically and then uses network analysis and text mining to analyze data. He obtained his M.A. in Communication from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in 2012, and his B.A. in English Literature from Yonsei University (South Korea) in 2001. Jinseok had worked as a central government official in Korea for ten years, including a year of service as Deputy Assistant to the President of South Korea for communications with the public.
- Kim,Jinseok and Diesner,Jana (2017). Over-Time Measurement of Triadic Closure in Coauthorship Networks. Social Network Analysis and Mining, 7(1), 9.
- Kim,Jinseok and Diesner,Jana (2016). Distortive Effects of Initial-Based Name Disambiguation on Measurements of Large-Scale Coauthorship Networks. Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology, 67(6), 1446-1461.
- Kim,Jinseok; Tao,Liang; Lee,Seok-Hyoung and Diesner,Jana (2016). Evolution and Structure of Scientific Co-Publishing Network in Korea between 1948-2011. Scientometrics, 107(1), 27-41.
- Kim,Jinseok and Kim,Jinmo (2015). Rethinking the Comparison of Coauthorship Credit Allocation Schemes. Journal of Informetrics, 9(3), 667-673-673.
- Kim,Jinseok and Diesner,Jana (2015). Coauthorship Networks: A Directed Network Approach Considering the Order and Number of Coauthors. Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology, 66(12), 2685-2696.
- Diesner,Jana; Kim,Jinseok and Pak,Susie (2014). Computational Impact Assessment of Social Justice Documentaries. Metrics for Measuring Publishing Value:Alternative and Otherwise, 17(3).
- Kim,Jinseok; Kim,Heejun and Diesner,Jana (2014). The Impact of Name Ambiguity on Properties of Coauthorship Networks. Journal of Information Science Theory and Practice, 2(2), 6-15.
- Kim,Jinseok and Diesner,Jana (2014). A Network-Based Approach to Coauthorship Credit Allocation. Scientometrics, 101(1), 587-602.
- Shumate,Michelle; Pilny,Andrew; Catouba,Yannick; Kim,Jinseok; Pena-y-Lillo,Macarena; Rcooper,Katherine; Sahagun,Ariann and Yang,Sijia (2013). A Taxonomy of Communication Networks. Annals of the International Communication Association, 37(1), 95-123.