Research Assistant Professor, Survey Research Center, Institute for Social Research, Research Assistant Professor, Information and Adjunct Lecturer in Information, School of Information
Jinseok Kim received his doctorate degree in Library and Information Science from the School of Information Sciences at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign in 2017. His work focuses on how data quality control can affect knowledge discovery from big data. Recently, Jinseok is working on the automation of supervised author name disambiguation in digital libraries using automatically labeled data and record linkage, to be used to gain insights about international science and engineering research trends. He obtained his M.A. in Communication from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in 2012, and his B.A. in English Literature from Yonsei University (South Korea) in 2001.
- Jinseok Kim, Jenna Kim, Jinmo Kim. 2021. Effect of Chinese characters on machine learning for Chinese author name disambiguation: A counterfactual evaluation. Journal of Information Science
- Jinseok Kim, Jenna Kim, Jason D Owen-Smith. 2021. Ethnicity-based name partitioning for author name disambiguation using supervised machine learning. Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology 72(8):979-994.
- Jinseok Kim, Jason D Owen-Smith. 2021. ORCID-linked labeled data for evaluating author name disambiguation at scale. Scientometrics 126(3):2057-2083.
- Jinseok Kim, Jason D Owen-Smith. 2020. Model Reuse in Machine Learning for Author Name Disambiguation: An Exploration of Transfer Learning. IEEE Access 8:188378-188389.
- Jinseok Kim, Jenna Kim. 2020. Effect of forename string on author name disambiguation. Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology 71(7):839-855.
- Jinseok Kim. 2019. Author-Based Analysis of Conference versus Journal Publication in Computer Science. Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology 70(1):71-82.
- Jinseok Kim, Jason D Owen-Smith, Kim, Jinmo . 2019. Generating automatically labeled data for author name disambiguation: an iterative clustering method. Scientometrics
- Jinseok Kim, Diesner, Jana . 2019. Formational bounds of link prediction in collaboration networks. Scientometrics 119(2):687-706.
- Jinseok Kim. 2019. A fast and integrative algorithm for clustering performance evaluation in author name disambiguation. Scientometrics 120(2):661-681.
- Jinseok Kim. 2019. Scale-free collaboration networks: An author name disambiguation perspective. Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology 70(7):685-700.
- Jinseok Kim. 2018. Evaluating author name disambiguation for digital libraries: a case of DBLP. Scientometrics 116(3):1867-1886.
- Jinseok Kim, Kim, Jenna . 2018. The impact of imbalanced training data on machine learning for author name disambiguation. Scientometrics 117(1):511-526.
- Jinseok Kim, Diesner, Jana . 2017. Over-time measurement of triadic closure in coauthorship networks. Social Network Analysis and Mining 7(1):9.
- Jinseok Kim, Giordani, Bruno J., Thomas, Nina Hattiangadi, Xanthopoulos, Melissa S, Shults, Justine , Escobar, Emma , Hodges, Elise , Chervin, Ronald D, Paruthi, Shalini , Rosen, Carol L, Taylor, Gerry H, Arens, Raanan , Katz, Eliot S, Beebe, Dean W, Redline, Susan , Radcliffe, Jerilynn , Marcus, Carole L. 2017. Effects of Adenotonsillectomy on Parent-Reported Behavior in Children With Obstructive Sleep Apnea. Sleep 40(4)
- Jinseok Kim, Diesner, Jana . 2016. Distortive effects of initial-based name disambiguation on measurements of large-scale coauthorship networks. Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology 67(6):1446-1461.
- Jinseok Kim, Tao, Liang , Lee, Seok-Hyoung , Diesner, Jana . 2016. Evolution and structure of scientific co-publishing network in Korea between 1948-2011. Scientometrics 107(1):27-41.
- Jinseok Kim, Kim, Jinmo . 2015. Rethinking the comparison of coauthorship credit allocation schemes. Journal of Informetrics 9(3):667-673-673.
- Jinseok Kim, Diesner, Jana . 2015. Coauthorship networks: A directed network approach considering the order and number of coauthors. Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology 66(12):2685-2696.
- Jinseok Kim, Diesner, Jana , Pak, Susie . 2014. Computational Impact Assessment of Social Justice Documentaries. Metrics for Measuring Publishing Value:Alternative and Otherwise 17(3)
- Jinseok Kim, Diesner, Jana . 2014. A network-based approach to coauthorship credit allocation. Scientometrics 101(1):587-602.
- Jinseok Kim, Kim, Heejun , Diesner, Jana . 2014. The Impact of Name Ambiguity on Properties of Coauthorship Networks. Journal of Information Science Theory and Practice 2(2):6-15.
- Jinseok Kim, Lee,Shawna Jo, Taylor, Catherine A, Guterman, Neil . 2014. Dyadic Profiles of Parental Disciplinary Behavior and Links With Parenting Context. Child Maltreatment 19(2):79-91.
- Jinseok Kim, Shumate, Michelle , Pilny, Andrew , Catouba, Yannick , Pena-y-Lillo, Macarena , Rcooper, Katherine , Sahagun, Ariann , Yang, Sijia . 2013. A Taxonomy of Communication Networks. Annals of the International Communication Association 37(1):95-123.
- Lee,Shawna Jo, Jinseok Kim, Perron,Brian E, Taylor, Catherine A. 2011. Profiles of Disciplinary Behaviors Among Biological Fathers. Child Maltreatment 16(1):51-62.
- Jinseok Kim, Norton, Edward, Stearns, S C. 2009. Transportation Brokerage Services and Medicaid Beneficiaries' Access to Care. Health Services Research 44(1):145-161.