Research Assistant Professor, SRC-Innovation, Networks & Knowledge
Jinseok Kim received his doctorate degree in Library and Information Science from the School of Information Sciences at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign in 2017. His work focuses on how data quality control can affect knowledge discovery from big data. Recently, Jinseok is working on the automation of supervised author name disambiguation in digital libraries using automatically labeled data and record linkage, to be used to gain insights about international science and engineering research trends. He obtained his M.A. in Communication from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in 2012, and his B.A. in English Literature from Yonsei University (South Korea) in 2001.
- Kim, Jinseok and Kim, Jenna (2018). The Impact of Imbalanced Training Data on Machine Learning for Author Name Disambiguation. Scientometrics.
- Kim, Jinseok (2018). Evaluating Author Name Disambiguation for Digital Libraries: A Case of DBLP. Scientometrics.
- Kim, Jinseok (2018). Author-Based Analysis of Conference Versus Journal Publication in Computer Science. Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology.
- Kim, Jinseok and Diesner, Jana (2017). Over-Time Measurement of Triadic Closure in Coauthorship Networks. Social Network Analysis and Mining, 7(1), 9.
- Kim, Jinseok and Diesner, Jana (2016). Distortive Effects of Initial-Based Name Disambiguation on Measurements of Large-Scale Coauthorship Networks. Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology, 67(6), 1446-1461.
- Kim, Jinseok; Tao, Liang; Lee, Seok-Hyoung and Diesner, Jana (2016). Evolution and Structure of Scientific Co-Publishing Network in Korea between 1948-2011. Scientometrics, 107(1), 27-41.
- Kim, Jinseok and Kim, Jinmo (2015). Rethinking the Comparison of Coauthorship Credit Allocation Schemes. Journal of Informetrics, 9(3), 667-673-673.
- Kim, Jinseok and Diesner, Jana (2015). Coauthorship Networks: A Directed Network Approach Considering the Order and Number of Coauthors. Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology, 66(12), 2685-2696.
- Diesner, Jana; Kim, Jinseok and Pak, Susie (2014). Computational Impact Assessment of Social Justice Documentaries. Metrics for Measuring Publishing Value:Alternative and Otherwise, 17(3).
- Kim, Jinseok; Kim, Heejun and Diesner, Jana (2014). The Impact of Name Ambiguity on Properties of Coauthorship Networks. Journal of Information Science Theory and Practice, 2(2), 6-15.
- Kim, Jinseok and Diesner, Jana (2014). A Network-Based Approach to Coauthorship Credit Allocation. Scientometrics, 101(1), 587-602.
- Shumate, Michelle; Pilny, Andrew; Catouba, Yannick; Kim, Jinseok; Pena-y-Lillo, Macarena; Rcooper, Katherine; Sahagun, Ariann and Yang, Sijia (2013). A Taxonomy of Communication Networks. Annals of the International Communication Association, 37(1), 95-123.