Assistant Research Scientist, Survey Research Center, Institute for Social Research
Dr. Joelle Abramowitz joined the Survey Research Center in 2016. Her research interests include health insurance, medical expenditures, time use, marriage, fertility, and general health topics. Dr. Abramowitz is the Co-Director of the Michigan Federal Statistical Research Data Center. She received her Ph.D. in economics from the University of Washington.
- Le, Phuc, Bui, Thanh C., Joelle Hillary Abramowitz, Herman, William H., Misra-Hebert, Anita D., Rothberg, Michael B.. 2022. Trends in Use of High-Cost Antihyperglycemic Drugs Among US Adults with Type 2 Diabetes. Journal of General Internal Medicine
- Joelle Hillary Abramowitz. 2020. The Effect of ACA State Medicaid Expansions on Medical Out-of-Pocket Expenditures. Med Care Res Rev 77(1):19-33.
- Joelle Hillary Abramowitz. 2020. Infertility insurance mandates and maternal mortality. Fertility and Sterility [Epub] [Full Text]
- Joelle Hillary Abramowitz. 2018. Planning parenthood: the Affordable Care Act young adult provision and pathways to fertility. Journal of Population Economics 31(4):1097-1123.
- Joelle Hillary Abramowitz. 2017. Assisted Reproductive Technology and Women's Timing of Marriage and Childbearing. Journal of Family and Economic Issues 38(1):100-117.
- Joelle Hillary Abramowitz, O'Hara, Brett , Morris, Darcy Steeg. 2017. Risking Life and Limb: Estimating a Measure of Medical Care Economic Risk and Considering its Implications. Health Economics 26:469-485.
- Joelle Hillary Abramowitz. 2016. The connection between working hours and body mass index in the US: a time use analysis. Review of Economics of the Household 14(1):131-154.
- Joelle Hillary Abramowitz. 2016. Saying, "I Don't": The Effect of the Affordable Care Act Young Adult Provision on Marriage. Journal of Human Resources 51(4):933-960.
- Joelle Hillary Abramowitz, O’Hara, Brett . 2016. New Estimates of Offer and Take-Up of Employer-Sponsored Insurance. Medical Care Research and Review 74(5):595-612.
- Joelle Hillary Abramowitz, O’Hara, Brett . 2015. The Financial Burden of Medical Spending: Estimates and Implications for Evaluating the Impact of ACA Reforms. Medical Care Research and Review 72(2):187-199.
- Joelle Hillary Abramowitz. 2014. Turning back the ticking clock: the effect of increased affordability of assisted reproductive technology on women's marriage timing. Journal of Population Economics 27(2):603-633.