Dr. Ola Rostant is a research investigator in the Health and Retirement Study. She has a PhD in Measurement and Quantitative Methods from Michigan State University and was a postdoctoral research fellow at the National Institute on Aging, Intramural Research Program and a mental health services research fellow in the University of Michigan’s department of psychiatry. Her research interests include cognitive aging and mental health among African Americans, latent growth modeling and measurement invariance of health outcomes measures.
- Rostant, Ola S, Quiñones, Ana R, Markwardt, Sheila , Thielke, Stephen , Vásquez, Elizabeth , Botoseneanu, Anda . 2018. Prospective Disability in Different Combinations of Somatic and Mental Multimorbidity. The Journals of Gerontology: Series A 73(2):204-210.
- Rostant, Ola S, Beydoun, May A, Poggi-Burke, Angedith , Zonderman, Alan B, Evans, Michele K, Crews, Deidra C. 2017. Perceived Discrimination and Longitudinal Change in Kidney Function Among Urban Adults. Psychosomatic Medicine 79(7):824.
- Rostant, Ola S, Beydoun, Hind A, Beydoun, May A, Mishra, Nishant K, Zonderman, Alan B, Eid, Shaker M. 2017. Comorbid Parkinson's disease, falls and fractures in the 2010 National Emergency Department Sample. Parkinsonism & Related Disorders 35:30-35.
- Taylor, Robert J, Rostant, Ola S, Evans, Linnea, Nicklett, Emily Joy, Johnson, Kimson E. 2017. Biopsychosocial Predictors of Fall Events Among Older African Americans. Research on Aging 39(4):501-525.
- Rostant, Ola S, Johnson-Lawrence, Vicki Demeitris, Rosemberg, Marie-Anne S, McCullagh, Marjorie C. 2016. Significant Associative Factors for Hypertension Among New US Immigrants: An exploration of the 2003 New Immigrant Survey (NIS) Data. Journal of Community & Public Health Nursing 2(2):118.
- Rostant, Ola S, Beydoun, May A, Canas, Jose-Atilio , Dore, Gregory A, Beydoun, Hind A, Fanelli-Kuczmarski, Marie T, Evans, Michele K, Zonderman, Alan B. 2016. Serum Uric Acid and Its Association with Longitudinal Cognitive Change Among Urban Adults. Journal of Alzheimer's Disease 52(4):1415-1430.
- Rostant, Ola S, Dzierzewski, Joseph M, Potter, Guy G, Jones, Richard N, Ayotte, Brian , Yang, Frances M, Sachs, Bonnie C, Feldman, Betsy J, Steffens, David C. 2015. Cognitive functioning throughout the treatment history of clinical late-life depression. International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry 30(10):1076-1084.
- Rostant, Ola S, Beydoun, May A, Fanelli Kuczmarski, Marie T, Beydoun, Hind A, Evans, Michele K, Zonderman, Alan B. 2015. Associations of the Ratios of n-3 to n-6 Dietary Fatty Acids With Longitudinal Changes in Depressive Symptoms Among US Women. American Journal of Epidemiology 181(9):691-705.
- Rostant, Ola S, Beydoun, May A, Beydoun, Hind A, Gamaldo, Alyssa A, Dore, Greg A, Zonderman, Alan B, Eid, Shaker M. 2015. Nationwide Inpatient Prevalence, Predictors, and Outcomes of Alzheimer's Disease among Older Adults in the United States, 2002-2012. Journal of Alzheimer's Disease 48(2):361-375.
- Rostant, Ola S, Beydoun, May A, Beydoun, Hind A, Dore, Greg A, Fanelli-Kuczmarski, Marie T, Evans, Michele K, Zonderman, Alan B. 2015. Thyroid hormones are associated with longitudinal cognitive change in an urban adult population. Neurobiology of Aging 36(11):3056-3066.
- Rostant, Ola S, Hughes, Anne K, Pelon, Sally . 2015. Sexual Problems Among Older Women by Age and Race. Journal of Women's Health 24(8):663-669.
- Rostant, Ola S, Hughes, Anne K, Curran, Paul G. 2014. Improving Sexual Health Communication Between Older Women and Their Providers: How the Integrative Model of Behavioral Prediction Can Help. Research on Aging 36(4):450-466.
- Rostant, Ola S, Izumi, Betty T, Moss, Marla J, Hamm, Michael W. 2006. Results From the 2004 Michigan Farm-to-School Survey. Journal of School Health 76(5):169-174.