Assistant Research Scientist, Survey Research Center, Institute for Social Research and Intermittent Lecturer in Biostatistics, School of Public Health
Z. Tuba Suzer Gurtekin is an Assistant Research Scientist at the University of Michigan’s Institute for Social Research. Her research includes managing monthly surveys of consumer attitudes, expectations and behavior. Her published research focuses on methods to quantify nonresponse and measurement survey errors in probability and nonprobability sample surveys, and mixed-mode survey design and inference. Her research experience has included development of alternative sample, methodology and questionnaire designs, data collection and analysis methods for a general population in parallel survey modes. She also teaches Survey Sampling for Clinical Research at the University of Michigan’s Clinical Research Design and Statistical Analysis program (OJOC CRDSA).
- Tuba Suzer Gurtekin, Wagner,James Robert, Olson, Kristen , Smyth, Jolene D, Horwitz, Rachel , Keeter, Scott , Lesser, Virginia , Marken, Stephanie , Mathiowetz, Nancy A, McCarthy, Jaki S, O'Brien, Eileen , Opsomer, Jean D, Steiger, Darby , Sterrett, David , Su, Jennifer , Turakhia, Chintan . 2021. Transitions From Telephone Surveys to Self-Administered and Mixed-Mode Surveys: Aapor Task Force Report. Journal of Survey Statistics and Methodology 9(3):381-411.
- Tuba Suzer Gurtekin, Lepkowski,James M, Curtin,Richard T, Elkasabi, Mahmoud , Liu, Mingnan . 2019. Randomized Experiments for Web-Mail Surveys Conducted Using Address-Based Samples of the General Population. Experimental Methods in Survey Research :275-289.
- Tuba Suzer Gurtekin, Suwanabol, Pasithorn A, Reichstein, Ari C, Forman, Jane , Silveira, Maria J, Mody, Lona , Morris, Arden M. 2018. Surgeons' Perceived Barriers to Palliative and End-of-Life Care: A Mixed Methods Study of a Surgical Society. Journal of palliative medicine 21(6):780-788.
- Lee,Sunghee, Norbert Schwarz, Tuba Suzer Gurtekin, Keusch, Florian , Liu, Mingnan . 2018. Cross-cultural Comparability of Response Patterns of Subjective Probability Questions. Advances in Comparative Survey Methods: Multinational, Multiregional, and Multicultural Contexts (3MC) :455-475.
- Tuba Suzer Gurtekin, Leeuw, Edith D, Hox, Joop J. 2018. The Design and Implementation of Mixed-mode Surveys. Advances in Comparative Survey Methods: Multinational, Multiregional, and Multicultural Contexts (3MC) :385-408.
- Tuba Suzer Gurtekin, Lee,Sunghee, Liu, Mingnan , Keusch, Florian . 2018. Response Styles in Cross-cultural Surveys. Advances in Comparative Survey Methods: Multinational, Multiregional, and Multicultural Contexts (3MC) :477-499.
- Tuba Suzer Gurtekin, Private: Valliant, Richard L, Heeringa,Steven G, Leeuw, Edith D. 2018. Mixed-mode Surveys: Design, Estimation, and Adjustment Methods. Advances in Comparative Survey Methods: Multinational, Multiregional, and Multicultural Contexts (3MC) :409-430.
- Lee,Sunghee, Tuba Suzer Gurtekin, Fredriksen-Goldsen, Karen I, McClain, Colleen , Kim, Hyun-Jun . 2018. Are Sexual Minorities Less Likely to Participate in Surveys? An Examination of Proxy Nonresponse Measures and Associated Biases with Sexual Orientation in a Population-based Health Survey. Field Methods 30(3):208-224.