Research Associate Professor, Survey Research Center, Institute for Social Research, Research Associate Professor, Biostatistics, School of Public Health, Adjunct Lecturer in Statistics and Adjunct Lecturer in Quant Methods and Social Science Program, College of Literature, Science, and the Arts
Yajuan Si is a Research Associate Professor in the Survey Methodology Program, located within the Survey Research Center at the Institute for Social Research on the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor campus. She received her Ph.D on Statistical Science in 2012 from Duke University. Before joining the University of Michigan in 2017, Yajuan was an assistant professor jointly in the Department of Biostatistics & Medical Informatics and the Department of Population Health Sciences at the University of Wisconsin-Madison and a Postdoctoral Research Scholar in the Department of Statistics at Columbia University. Dr Si’s research lies in cutting-edge methodology development in streams of Bayesian statistics, complex survey inference, missing data imputation, causal inference, and data confidentiality protection. Yajuan has extensive collaboration experiences with health services researchers and epidemiologists to improve healthcare and public health practice, and she has been providing statistical support to solve sampling and analysis issues on health and social science surveys.
- Shivani Bakre, Nicholas Moloci, Norton,Edward C, Valerie A. Lewis, Si,Yajuan, Sunny Lin, Emily J. Lawton, Lindsey A. Herrel, John M. Hollingsworth. 2022. Association Between Organizational Quality and Out-of-Network Primary Care Among Accountable Care Organizations That Care for High vs Low Proportions of Patients of Racial and Ethnic Minority Groups. JAMA Health Forum 3(4):e220575.
- Si,Yajuan, West,Brady Thomas, Veliz,Philip Todd, Megan Patrick, Schulenberg,John E, Kloska,Deborah Denise, Terry-McElrath,Yvonne M, McCabe,Sean Esteban. 2022. An empirical evaluation of alternative approaches to adjusting for attrition when analyzing longitudinal survey data on young adults’ substance use trajectories. International Journal of Methods in Psychiatric Research
- Schumacher, Jessica R, Neuman, Heather B, Yu, Menggang, Vanness, David J, Si,Yajuan, Burnside, Elizabeth S, Ruddy, Kathryn J, Partridge, Ann H, Schrag, Deborah, Edge, Stephen B, Zhang, Ying, Jacobs, Elizabeth A, Havlena, Jeffrey, Francescatti, Amanda B, Winchester, David P, McKellar, Daniel P, Spears, Patricia A, Kozower, Benjamin D, Chang, George J, Greenberg, Caprice C. 2022. Surveillance imaging vs symptomatic recurrence detection and survival in stage II-III breast cancer (AFT-01). JNCI: Journal of the National Cancer Institute
- Jieun Song, Barry T. Radler, Margie E. Lachman, Marsha R. Mailick, Si,Yajuan, Carol D. Ryff. 2021. Who Returns? Understanding Varieties of Longitudinal Participation in MIDUS. Journal of Aging and Health 33(10):896-907.
- Moloci, Nicholas M., Si,Yajuan, Norton,Edward C, Ryan, Andrew M., Hollingsworth, John M.. 2021. Predicting Losses from Medicare Shared Savings Program Departures. Journal of General Internal Medicine 36(8):2490-2491.
- Si,Yajuan, Zhou, Peigen. 2021. Bayes-Raking: Bayesian Finite Population Inference with Known Margins. Journal of Survey Statistics and Methodology 9(4):833-855.
- Ryan S. Hsi, David S. Goldfarb, Ada Egbuji, Si,Yajuan, Vahakn Shahinian, John M. Hollingsworth. 2021. Comparison of Selective Versus Empiric Pharmacologic Preventative Therapy With Kidney Stone Recurrence. Urology 149:81-88.
- Kevin Constante, Huntley,Edward, Si,Yajuan, Emma Schillinger, Christine Wagner, Keating,Daniel P. 2020. Conceptualizing protective family context and its effect on substance use: Comparisons across diverse ethnic-racial youth. Substance Abuse 42(4):796-805.
- Si,Yajuan, Mari Palta, Maureen Smith. 2020. Bayesian profiling multiple imputation for missing hemoglobin values in electronic health records. The Annals of Applied Statistics 14(4):1903-1924.
- Si,Yajuan, Rob Trangucci, Jonah Sol Gabry, Andrew Gelman. 2020. Bayesian hierarchical weighting adjustment and survey inference. Survey Methodology 46(2)
- Si,Yajuan. 2020. Model-Based Inferences. SAGE Research Methods Foundations
- Si,Yajuan, Makela, Susanna , Gelman, Andrew . 2018. Bayesian inference under cluster sampling with probability proportional to size. Statistics in Medicine 37(26):3849-3868.
- Schumacher, Jessica R., Neuman, Heather B., Chang, George J., Kozower, Benjamin D., Edge, Stephen B., Yu, Menggang, Vanness, David J., Si,Yajuan, Jacobs, Elizabeth A., Francescatti, Amanda B., Spears, Patricia A., Havlena, Jeffrey, Adesoye, Taiwo, McKellar, Daniel, Winchester, David, Burnside, Elizabeth S., Greenberg, Caprice C.. 2018. A National Study of the Use of Asymptomatic Systemic Imaging for Surveillance Following Breast Cancer Treatment (AFT-01). Annals of Surgical Oncology 25(9):2587-2595.
- Eva H. DuGoff, Juhee Cho, Si,Yajuan, Craig Evan Pollack. 2018. Geographic Variations in Physician Relationships Over Time: Implications for Care Coordination. Medical Care Research and Review 75(5):586-611.
- Si,Yajuan, Makela, S , Gelman, A . 2017. Graphical Visualization of Polling Results. The Oxford Handbook of Polling and Polling Methods
- Si,Yajuan, Early, D M, Berg, J K, Alicea, S , Aber, J L, Ryan, R M, Deci, E L. 2016. The impact of every classroom, every day on high school student achievement: Results from a school-randomized trial. Journal of Research on Educational Effectiveness 9:3-29.
- Si,Yajuan, Neuman, Heather B, Schumacher, Jessica R, Francescatti, Amanda B, Adesoye, Taiwo , SB, Edge , ES, Burnside , DJ, Vanness , M, Yu , D, McKellar , DP, Winchester , Greenberg, Caprice C. 2016. Utility of Clinical Breast Exams in Detecting Local-Regional Breast Events after Breast-Conservation in Women with a Personal History of High-risk Breast Cancer. Annals of surgical oncology 23(10):3385-3391.
- Si,Yajuan, Reiter, Jerome P, Hillygus, D S. 2016. Bayesian latent pattern mixture models for handling attrition in panel studies with refreshment samples. Annals of Applied Statistics 10(1):118-143.
- Si,Yajuan, Reiter, Jerome P, Hillygus, D S. 2015. Semi-parametric Selection Models for Potentially Non-ignorable Attrition in Panel Studies with Refreshment Samples. Political Analysis 2017/01/04(1):92-112.
- Si,Yajuan, Pillai, Natesh S, Gelman, Andrew . 2015. Bayesian Nonparametric Weighted Sampling Inference. Bayesian Analysis 10(3):605-625.
- Si,Yajuan, Makela, Susanna , Gelman, Andrew . 2014. Statistical Graphics for Survey Weights. Revista Colombiana de EstadIstica 37(2):285-295.
- Si,Yajuan, Reiter, Jerome P. 2013. Nonparametric Bayesian Multiple Imputation for Incomplete Categorical Variables in Large-Scale Assessment Surveys. Journal of Educational and Behavioral Statistics 38(5):499-521.
- Si,Yajuan, Deng, Yiting , Hillygus, D S, Reiter, Jerome P, Zheng, Siyu . 2013. Handling Attrition in Longitudinal Studies: The Case for Refreshment Samples. Statistical Science 28(2):238-256.
- Si,Yajuan, Reiter, JP . 2011. A Comparison of Posterior Simulation and Inference by Combining Rules for Multiple Imputation. Journal of Statistical Theory and Practice 5(2):335-347.