This proposal aims at investigating the following research questions:
- Is there a significant variation between interviewers in the level of interview privacy they achieve?
- What interviewer characteristics, attitudes, and behaviors explain variations between interviewers in interview privacy?
- Are there interactions between respondent and interviewer characteristics on interview privacy?
- Which specific non-private circumstances affect reporting of what type of sensitive outcomes?
- Is there an interaction between respondent?s need for social conformity and specific interview privacy settings on reporting different types of outcomes?